Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A word to the wise...

Hello!

Sorry it has been so long, but my mouth has been incapacitated for most of the past week so naturally my duty was to be a couch potato. And I must say, I was able to perform that duty excellently!

My wisdom teeth are gone, all four, and I must say it was not as bad as people told me it was going to be, but I also do not wish it on anyone. My mouth was really sore for several days and I literally could barely open it. The worst part was not being able to brush my teeth for a day or two...talk about gross. Although, now that the stitches are falling out they are getting caught on my gums and it is driving me CRAZY! I just want to rip them out but I can't :(

Regardless of the fact that I just had my wisdom teeth pulled, I have always wondered why they are called wisdom teeth so I looked it up. According to wisegeek.com they are called wisdom teeth because they usually emerge during the period of someone's life when they are supposed to be gaining some wisdom about the world. Imagine that! I get them pulled right before I leave the country for 5 months, talk about a coincidence!

Speaking of my trip, I have finally started to think about packing and how much stuff I am going to need, and let me tell you it seems to be more than I want it to be. I went to the UPS/Fed-Ex store the other day to inquire about shipping costs. Since I am only allowed to check one bag--that's right one--on the plane I was wondering what it would cost to send a box equivalent in weight to another full suitcase to England. Wait for it, Wait for it....$250!!!! And that was the smaller box...ahhh! So expensive. So, needless to say, I will not be  shipping anything that heavy anywhere, ever. Instead, I will be checking another bag for the small price of $40. What a difference! Now I just need to figure out the best way to navigate myself around a new country with all my stuff, packing light is not easy for me so this shall be interesting. But, that is all I really have to share for now. I will check in soon when the really nitty gritty packing has begun.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment